WRITER SUBMISSION RELEASE AGREEMENT
To Whom it may concern:
I, _______________________________, am submitting to SellAScript.com, (hereinafter referred to as 'you' or 'your'), the following material (hereafter referred to as 'material'):
FORM OF MATERIAL: ________________________________
(i.e. screenplay, treatment, manuscript etc)
NUMBER OF PAGES: ________________________________
COPYRIGHT REGISTRATION NO (if any): ______________________________
- The Material is being submitted to you for analysis/coverage, and/or story development notes and in the event I receive a Consider or Recommend grade and upon my agreement, to provide access to subscribers of your Internet service ('Service'), for consideration in connection with the possible development and production of a motion picture, television project or other audio visual work based on the Material. I hereby acknowledge and agree that it is in my best interest to have the Material, (or portions thereof) and any comments or notes you may have thereto reviewed by your subscribers and that such potential consideration and your analysis are good and valuable consideration for me to enter into this submission release agreement ('Agreement').
- I represent and warrant that I am the author of said material and/or that I hold the exclusive right and authority to submit and/or convey the same to you upon the terms and conditions stated herein. I agree to indemnify you and your employees from any and all losses or liabilities (including reasonable attorney's fees) that may be asserted against you or any of your employees, or incurred by you or your employees at any time in connection with the Material, or any use thereof, in connection with any breach or alleged breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
- I understand that you have adopted the policy, of refusing to review any Material or consider for inclusion in the Service, unless the person submitting such Material and all other authors of the Material, if any, have agreed to this Agreement and acknowledge that he or she understands the nature of the Service and the limitations on your liability in connection with it.
- No obligation of any kind is assumed or may be implied against you by reason of your inclusion of the Material in the Service.
- The Service is an open service with the express purpose of facilitating introduction and interaction between writers and parties interested in optioning or acquiring literary material. You do not attest to or guarantee the validity of legitimacy of any subscriber who accessed the Service.
- You do not submit Material to interested Service subscribers. The decision whether or not to submit the Material to and/or enter into an agreement with, an interested subscriber, if any, shall be solely mine. You will have no responsibility for such agreements.
- You cannot warrant or guarantee that the objective summary of the Material ('Coverage') will be complimentary or positive in its evaluation and it is therefore my choice as to whether I have the Coverage listed on the Service and I will inform you of this choice in writing.
- Nothing contained in this Agreement, nor the fact of my submission of the Material to you shall place you or any of the subscribers to the Service or any other person or entity to whom you show the Material in any different position than anyone else to whom I have not submitted the Material.
- You have access to, may create or have created literary materials and ideas, which may be similar to the Material in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. I will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use of any such similar material which may have been independently created by a subscriber or may have come to you or any subscriber from any independent source, other than with respect to any protectable literary property ('Protectable Material') contained therein. Protectable Material means any Material which is protected as literary property under copyright law. You may use without obligation to me any Materials which are not Protectable Material or which you would be free to use if the Material had not been submitted to you by me, or which is in the public domain, or which was independently conceived by another person or entity prior to or after this submission.
- I may submit the Material or similar Material to persons other than you. I have kept at least one copy (or a duplicate) of all the Material submitted to you and thereby release you of any and all liability for loss or damage to, the Material submitted to you hereunder.
- You reserve the right to change, alter or modify the format or layout of the SellAScript.com website at any time.
- You and your assignees may assign your rights under this Agreement, in whole or in part, in any manner and to any person, corporation or entity that you shall determine.
- The word 'you' and 'your' in this Agreement refers to SellAScript.com, its subscribers and any parent or subsidiary company, any company affiliated with it or them by common stock ownership or otherwise, its and their subsidiaries, subsidiaries of such affiliates any person, corporation, or entity to which it or they may have an affiliation for development and/or production of motion pictures based on the Material, and the officers, agents, attorneys, servants, employees, directors, stockholders, licensees, successors and assigns of it and all by more than one person, the word 'I' shall be deemed changed to 'we' (and the corresponding verb changed to the first person plural), and this Agreement will be binding jointly and severally upon all such persons.
- This Agreement may not be changed, modified, terminated or discharged except in writing signed by both you and me. This Agreement, regardless of where executed or performed, shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State Of California applicable to agreements executed and to be wholly performed therein, any action shall be brought in such state and I hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts thereof.
- I hereby state that I have read and understood this Agreement and that no oral representations of any kind have been made to me, and that this Agreement states our entire understanding.
PLEASE PRINT AND SIGN ONE COPY OF THIS FORM (FOR EACH WRITER), THEN RETURN
TO THE PRICING PAGE TO FINISH GETTING STARTED.
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 SellAScript.com. All Rights Reserved.
of Use. Privacy